Twitter friends! Please help me to demonstrate the power of social media in my fight against Land Rover and Fields BMW. This could be a really cool social media experiment!
Here is the background on my battle.
My wife and I dropped our 2002 Freelander off to diagnose a "check engine" light warning. When we picked up the car, my wife noticed the following new issues.
* The locks on all the doors no longer work
* The back window won't go down
* The built-in security system no longer functions.
When we informed Land Rover about this situation, they had the following response
* These types of things happen to cars
* Nothing they did would have caused this
* That it is possible the problem existed when we brought it in (not true)
* That it is just bad luck on our part
Their service manage refuses to help and let us know that we'll need to pay them to get it fixed.
My wife is in tears over this customer service nightmare.
Some people say I should call the local news channel. I say no. I say use Social Media to spark action!
Please help me in my fight by doing the following few things
* Posting a link to my blog post somewhere
* Retweeting my call to action
* Talking or leaving a message for the Fields BMW service manager. Let them know that consumers have power and they should take care of their customers. Let her know that this is a campaign on the behalf of Jeremy Hilton. Please be polite when you call.
* Twitter me with a list of the actions you took @jeremyhilton
Fields BMW customer service manager - Tina / 407.695.xxxx
Thank you so much!
UPDATE - We won our battle!
Social Media Wins!
Nose to Tail in BS
6 days ago