4 6 oz salmon fillets, skin removed. Season fillets with salt and pepper. Saute salmon fillets in grapeseed oil over medium high heat in a heavy bottomed non-stick pan. Cook for 3-5 minutes on one side. 2 minutes on the next. Well cooked salmon with still be a little pink inside.
- 4 tbsp finely sliced ginger
- 1 tbsp thinly sliced garlic
- 3 tbsp thinly sliced spring onions, white part only
- 250ml Sake
- 600 ml Chicken Stock, reduced to 300ml
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 small fennel bulb, thinly sliced
- 3 tbsp spring onions, green part only, cut on an extreme bias
Add Sake and reduce its volume over heat by two-thirds. Add the chicken stock, bring to the boil and whisk in the oyster and soy sauces. Add fennel to the sauce and serve immediately, pouring over the salmon. Garnish with the bias cut spring onions.