Monday, October 6, 2008

Really into duck and money?

If you know me, you know that I'm REALLY into duck. In my opinion, there just isn't a tastier creature alive.

What alot of people don't know, is that I spent a few years cooking in kitchens ranging from one man hole-in-the-wall bar kitchens to upscale operations where I reported to an executive chef. Despite their perceived differences, they had one thing in common - some asshole yelling at me about food cost. That yelling really sunk in. At home, I scrape mixing bowls with a rubber spatula to make sure nothing gets wasted.

Along the same lines of making more money with less ingredients is this 3 part video. It shows easy tricks on how to turn a single duck into over $200 cash by being creative with every part of that tasty little beast.

http://ahungerartist.bobdelgrosso.com/2008/09/hunger-arttotal-utilization-of-duck.html

Related video on breaking down a chicken.

http://ahungerartist.bobdelgrosso.com/2008/10/breaking-down-bird-101-by-mike-pardus.html

Why buy already quartered bird parts? Quarter yourself and save money plus end up with parts for stock!

No comments:

 
ss_blog_claim=978bc903e4c9a33e7ba7981e3a2ea6b4