Monday, September 29, 2008

Last Meal

Over at Foodie at Fifteen, Nick posted what his last meal would be. All I can say is wow. This kid is no stranger to culinary decadence. Good for him!

In the spirit of his post, I'm writing what my last meal will be. Compared to his, mine is pretty simple, but it definitely reflects me and my tastes.

One rule about my meal. No bread. Don't get me wrong, I love good bread, but this is my last meal, and I'm not wasting room on bread.

So to start, lobster and foie gras with black truffle butter. I'd pair this with a bottle of Chateau de Beaucastel, Chateauneuf-du-Pape White.

After that, Kobe-beef ribeye with duck fat roasted new potatoes. For this I'd go big with a bottle of Ornellaia. Hands down, one of my favorite wines.

As far as dessert, I'm easy. Give me a simple Creme Brulee with more than a few shots of really good espresso and Frangelico.


1 comment:

Nick N said...

So that's what I forgot-Duck fat roasted potatoes.

 
ss_blog_claim=978bc903e4c9a33e7ba7981e3a2ea6b4